User experience (UX) focuses on having a deep understanding of users, what they need, what they value, their abilities, and also their limitations. It also takes into account the business goals and objectives.
We all want our websites to look good, but if you only concentrate on the aesthetics and not the functionality it will confuse the customer and they click to the next website out of frustration.
User experience research, if done correctly, reveals how your customer feel about the interaction they have with your website, including how they navigate around your website. User and accessibility are major factors to help build familiarity and trust.
I design high converting websites that improve the quality of the user’s interaction and perception with your product and services. My goal is to ensure the user has a pleasurable experience, see you as the expert to build trust and they buy from you.
High converting websites are:
- Useful: the content should be original and fulfil a need
- Usable: website must be easy to use
- Desirable: image, identity, brand, and other design elements are used to evoke emotion and appreciation
- Findable: content needs to be navigable and locatable onsite and on search
- Accessible: content needs to be accessible to people with disabilities
- Credible: users must trust and believe what you tell them
UNDERSTANDING MOBILE BEHAVIOURS
More users browse websites on their mobile devices and they expect things to happen quickly and easily. The immediate, impulsive nature of the mobile experience, means that when it’s too complicated to do on the mobile device, the user thinks they can do it later on the desktop and many forget.
That’s why it’s important for your website to be designed to support fast, easy to use on all devices, especially mobile phones.
DATA HELPS YOU MAKE BETTER DECISIONS
Data analytics and analysis with tools like heat maps, are used to inform good user experiences.
Heat maps track the path of your cursor or mouse, and in doing so, your eye movement. This kind of research helps determine where the users eyes go first, and what is your key prime real estate is on your website.
When you look through the Caria Watt Website, you will notice strategically placed quote forms contact forms or contact details.
HERE ARE WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR WEBSITE
- Make sure your website is mobile responsive. Research proves that mobile devices now represent 90-95% of digital media time for Australians.
- Keep the design simple and easy to navigate.
- Maximise the top right of the screen
- Keep your content simple
- Make sure your menu tabs lead to what your customers most want. Take a step back and examine your site with fresh eyes, better yet, get the Caria Watt team to do it for you.
- Tell your story – your customers want to know who you are, like you and trust you.
This article has only touched the surface of user experience research and design. Let Caria Watt help you improve your website to create an enjoyable journey customers and potential customers will want to take.