#CariaSocial News Update #4
This is a new weekly update of what’s happening with social media platforms and a few extras:
This blog is ideal for marketeers, business owners, entrepreneurs or anyone with an interest in using social media for your online marketing.
- Facebook is testing a new option that alters the background colour of your profile within the mobile app, based on the dominant colour in your profile image.
- The company has announced the expanded roll-out of its ‘Avatars’ custom, Bitmoji-like characters, which it first launched to Australian users in June last year across Europe
- Facebook is making ‘Facebook Kids’ available in more regions with a new ‘Supervised Friending’ that has a parent dashboard within the app. It will help kids find more of their classmates and friends under a level of parent supervision.
- The platform is adding new location markers on individual business profile posts, on both Facebook and Instagram, to highlight where the managers of that page or account are located, This will provide transparency to help you understand the information you’re seeing, and what the motivation may be behind the update.
- Facebook has added yet another tool to ‘Stories’ of a new ‘Animate’ option, which lets you add basic motion, of varying types, to still images.