You can listen to the full podcast here:
- WhatsApp has new restrictions on how many times a message can be re-shared, to help reduce the spread of misinformation. They have confirmed that viral messages have been reduced by 70%!
- Facebook has expanded its eCommerce Presence in India with a shopping Integration called JioMart. Users can order by texting “Hi” to DESIGNATED telephone number, which prompts a hyperlink that opens a mini store on the browser. Users can pick grocery items such as toothpaste, snacks, tea and coffee, rice and cooking oil. Once the order has been placed, ‘JioMart’ sends a notification to a neighbourhood store to supply the items and sends an invoice to the user through WhatsApp.
- Google has announced that Google Meet is available, for free, for meetings of up to 100 people, up to a 60 minute meeting until September 30th.
- If you have a big Twitter account you may have noticed a drop in your follower count over the last few weeks. That’s because Twitter has removed millions of accounts linked to its SMS service.They first suspended this option in September 2019, after the account of CEO Jack Dorsey was hacked. Tweeting by SMS was reinstated for some markets that didn’t have access to data or a strong network. Twitter has suspended it again because they no longer support this technology because a high risk of accounts have been compromised.
- Snapchat is launching a new ad offering called ‘First Commercial’. advertisers can own ‘the influential first commercial you see when you tune into Snapchat shows. Advertisers can select specific programming bundles such as ‘News’, ‘Sports’ ‘Entertainment’, ‘Beauty’, and ‘Lifestyle’, to make sure ensure their ad reach is optimised for views within the app.
Subscribe to #CariaCares podcast
I’d be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes. Reviews help others find my podcast and they’re also interesting to read.
Just click here to review, select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” and let me know what your favourite part of the podcast is. Thanks a million.
Image courtesy of @UnSplash 2020