Social Media News Update #2
This is a new weekly update of what’s happening with social media platforms.
This is ideal for marketeers, business owners, entrepreneurs or anyone with an interest to use the latest and greatest tools in social media.
- Facebook has added a “quiet mode” to its app, to make it less stressful as part of a wider response to the coronavirus pandemic, to improve the wellbeing of users. The quiet mode turns off notifications from the mobile app, and can be turned on manually, or at certain times of the day. It will stop push notifications and alerts while you are not using the app. You will still receive privacy alerts.
- Facebook is ensuring users have access to accurate information and removing harmful content. They want to make sure that people have credible information across Facebook, Messenger, Instagram and Whatsapp.
- They are putting a stop to any COVID-19 misinformation across all apps, especially anything that is not fact checked.
- Facebook are Investing $100 million in the news industry and supporting fact-checkers
- They are also banning ads and commerce sites for medical face masks, hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes and COVID-19 test kits.